Bloopers in Church Bulletins
- Due to the Rector's illness, Wednesday's healing services will be discontinued until further notice.
- The Rev. Merriwether spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- On a church bulletin during the minister's illness: GOD IS GOOD; Dr. Hargreaves is better.
- Applications are now being accepted for 2 year-old nursery workers.
- The pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Forth Into Joy."
- If you would like to make a donation, fill out a form, enclose a check, and drip in the collection basket.
- Sermon Outline:
I. Delineate your fear
II. Disown your fear
III. Displace your rear
- Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on "It's a Terrible Experience."
- Don't miss this Saturday's exhibit by Christian Martian Arts.
- We are grateful for the help of those who cleaned up the grounds around the church building and the rector.
- A worm welcome to all who have come today.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Nelson's sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24 in the church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- The ushers will come forward and take our ties and offerings.
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Reverend and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the church basement on Friday at 7 p.m. The congregation is invited to attend this tragedy.
- Don't let worry kill you off - let the church help.
- Please place your donation in the envelope along with the deceased person(s) you want remembered.
- Let us join David and Lisa in the celebration of their wedding and bring their happiness to a conclusion.
- Helpers are needed! Please sign up on the information sheep.
- Diana and Don request your presents at their wedding.
- The concert held in Fellowship Hall was a great success. Special thanks are due to the minister's daughter, who labored the whole evening at the piano,
which as usual fell upon her.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are not afflicted with any church.
- Low Self-Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 to 8:30p.m. Please use the back door.
- The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
- The audience is asked to remain seated until the end of the recession.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- 22 members were present at the church meeting held at the home of Mrs. Marsha Crutchfield last evening. Mrs. Crutchfield and Mrs. Rankin sang a duet, The Lord Knows Why.
- The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be "What is Hell?". Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- The third verse of Blessed Assurance will be sung without musical accomplishment.
- The music for today's service was all composed by George Friedrich Handel in celebration of the 300th anniversary of his birth.
- A song fest was hell at the Methodist church Wednesday.
- Today's Sermon: How Much Can a Man Drink? with hymns from a full choir.
- Hymn: "I Love Thee My Ford."
- Miss Charlene Mason sang "I will not pass this way again" giving obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- Women's Luncheon: Each member bring a sandwich. Polly Phillips will give the medication.
- Announcement in the church bulletin for a National PRAYER & FASTING conference: "The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals."
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment, and gracious hostility.
- Ushers will eat latecomers.
- Tuesday at 4PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 p.m. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- Potluck supper: prayer and medication to follow.
- Next Friday we will be serving hot gods for lunch.
A Serious Article Related to the Topic of This Page
Other Humour Sections On This Site
An Unrelated Radio Show
If you like modern-day soul music and variants of it like soulful house, you might like to know that the owner of this website is doing a soul show which will probably run through the summer and into the autumn, on the little community radio station Worthing Sunshine Radio. It's on every Thursday evening between 9 and 11 PM, and then repeated every Saturday and Tuesday between 10 PM and midnight, UK time.
Besides the music, there are features such as a couple of quirky old news stories, witty quotes, a joke, and a comedy excerpt from a long story she's writing herself called The Early Life of Becky Bexley the Child Genius.
If this is the first page you have visited on this site, this is part of Broadcaster.org.uk, a website about social issues and psychological problems and possible solutions, and what the Bible says about several topics, including sex and marriage, violence, love and caring. Go to the Broadcaster.org.uk home page to find out more.....
||Or if you'd like to know more about the Bible and related issues, visit one of our Bible pages.|
The Beauty of the Bible's Moral Teaching:
Are you up to trying the challenges of the Bible's moral guidelines, and would you like to know more about the love of Jesus?
- What The Bible Says About Violence, Anger, Jealousy, Arguments, And Living In Peace With Each Other.
- What The Bible Says About Honesty And The Love Of Money.
- What The Bible Says About Sex And Marriage.
- A Short Story About Tackling Prejudice, And What The Bible Says About Despising People, Judging By Appearances, And God's Mercy.
- What The Bible Says About Love And Caring.
- What The Bible Says About Drunkenness and Why It's Wrong.
- What The Bible Says About Lies, Gossip, Quarrelling, Insulting Language And Dirty Jokes.
- What The Bible Says About Lustful And Nasty Thoughts.
- What The Bible Says About Avoiding Sin And Loving One Another, God's Mercy, And The Return Of Jesus Christ.
- What The Bible Says About The Life-Changing Power Of God's Holy Spirit.
- What the Bible Says About the Importance of Doing God's Will.
The jokes and quotes on these pages have been collected from around the Internet.
I'm not sure who brought them to the public's attention in the first place.